We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
If you’re interested in buying Viagra online, four of the best options available are Hims, Roman, Lemonaid, and Optum Store. Read on for full details on the process and pricing.
Although erectile dysfunction (ED) may be an upsetting diagnosis for some, many people find their condition is treatable. Viagra, also sometimes called the “little blue pill,” may help.
If you’re looking for convenience or discretion, that little blue pill is available online for direct-to-consumer delivery. However, you still need a prescription.
Today, several telehealth companies, such as Roman, Hims, and Lemonaid, have doctors and other licensed medical professionals on hand to prescribe the appropriate medication, if necessary.
Keep reading to learn more about how Viagra works, its alternatives, and how Viagra compares with other ED medications that can be purchased online.
We chose the following brands based on user ratings, discreetness, and our product selection guidelines. This includes verifying Hims, Roman, Lemonaid, and Optum Store claims that a doctor or other qualified or licensed medical professional is involved in determining the appropriateness of the prescribed medication.
Keep in mind that none of the services listed here are covered by insurance.
How common is erectile dysfunction?
ED is defined as the inability to develop and maintain an erection firm enough for sexual activity or penetrative sex.
Changes in some lifestyle habits, such as activity levels and nutrition, can make a positive difference, as well as the use of medications in some cases.
Viagra is the well-known brand-name version of this medication. It works by increasing blood flow to your penis, which helps you have and keep an erection. However, it only works if you’re sexually aroused.
Viagra is approved for use in those who are 18 years and older.
Though Viagra is manufactured by Pfizer, plenty of other companies also make and sell less expensive versions of generic sildenafil pills.
- Have an accurate diagnosis and prescription: Remember that Viagra and generic sildenafil are not available over the counter — you will need a prescription. Some companies even offer online consultations that connect you with healthcare professionals who can assess your symptoms before your purchase and make an accurate ED diagnosis.
- Use a licensed pharmacy to avoid counterfeit medications: Oral medications for ED are among the
most counterfeitedmedications in the world.ru pharmacies can sell counterfeit medications, so it’s important to do your research before you buy from any retailer.
- Buy from an online pharmacy operating in the country and state you live in: In 2014, the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy found that
97%of the internet pharmacies it examined were not compliant with federal laws, state laws, or industry standards.
Counterfeit Viagra is known to contain amphetamines, toxic chemicals, the wrong dose of active ingredients, and even blue printer ink.
It’s a good practice to avoid international websites. Each country has its own governance when it comes to manufacturing. Stick to reputable sites and pharmacies you can trust.
If you’re interested in buying Viagra online, read on to learn more about the considerations you should make.
|Name||Is branded Viagra available?||Is generic Viagra (sildenafil) available?||How much does Viagra cost online?||What dosage is available?|
|Hims||yes||yes||– starting at $139 per dose of Viagra|
– starting at $3 per dose of sildenafil, depending on dosage
|25 mg–100 mg|
|Roman||yes||yes||– $90 per dose of Viagra|
– $4–$10 per dose of sildenafil, depending on dosage
|25 mg–100 mg|
|Lemonaid||no||yes||– starting at $2 per dose of sildenafil, depending on dosage||20 mg|
|Optum Store||yes||yes||– starting at $80 per dose of Viagra|
– starting at $6 per dose of sildenafil or $20–$22 per month for a 30-day supply
|25 mg–100 mg|
Taking Viagra can cause mild or serious side effects. Mild effects may go away in a few days or a couple of weeks. These side effects can include:
- stuffy nose
- back pain
- muscle pain
If these side effects don’t go away after a week or so, talk with your prescribing healthcare professional or pharmacist.
Serious side effects are uncommon but may occur. Call your prescribing healthcare professional right away if you experience serious side effects, such as:
- sudden vision loss in one eye
- sudden decrease or loss of hearing
- allergic reaction (hives, itching, or swelling of the face, lips, or tongue)
- priapism (long lasting and sometimes painful erections)
- low blood pressure
- fast heart rate
To avoid buying counterfeit medications, look for the following:
- reputable retailer
- consultation with a licensed medical professional
- licensed pharmacy that asks for a prescription from your doctor
- licensed pharmacy with an address in the United States
- FDA-approved medications
- clearly labeled containers with the name of the medication and dosage
- licensed pharmacist who is available to answer any questions afterward
What makes a reputable online pharmacy or health platform?
There should be multiple, clear ways to contact a customer service representative, such as a pop-up chat window, an email to send questions, a contact form you can submit, or a phone number you can call.
The company may have a medical advisory board and a network of licensed healthcare professionals.
As a user of their services or platform, it should be easy for you to see information about the nurse practitioners and physicians you work with, such as medical license and credentials.
Looking for an alternative to Viagra?
There are also wearable devices like the Eddie by Giddy that are designed to be worn around the penis to help regulate blood flow. They may help some people maintain an erection without medications.
If you’re interested in trying Viagra for ED, you’ll need to talk with a healthcare professional first. The FDA requires a prescription for Viagra, both for the brand-name medication and its generic, sildenafil.
Your doctor may offer you a prescription for Viagra if they decide it’s the safest treatment option based on your symptoms, medical history, and overall health. There are also other options they can talk with you about.
If you experience a painful erection or an erection that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek emergency care immediately, as it may be a sign of another urologic condition.
Seek a doctor immediately if you experience any of these serious side effects:
- allergic reaction, like skin rash, itching or hives, and swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- shortness of breath
- chest pain
- fast, irregular heart rate
- hearing loss
- vision changes
Some ED medications are PDE5 inhibitors that relax smooth muscle tissue and increase blood flow. There are four main types of PDE5 inhibitors:
Other ED treatments involve the use of other medications or can supplement your use of sildenafil to go hand-in-hand.
2023. All Rights Reserved.